Friday, July 07, 2006

another rant?!?

Okay, these are some of the cars that are lurking in our neighbourhood. These are strictly what I saw from my front window in the course of one afternoon, without drawing attention to myself and my camera. All these cars, and many others, are here to buy crack across the street...or around the corner, as we have two active drug houses here. They just erupt...like herpes. We know why they're here, we recognize all the signs and symptoms. We don't understand where are the RCMP? WHY is there "nothing they can do?" Please explain. Crack and meth are ILLEGAL. RCMP have actually seemed to patrol less here than before, but maybe that is my imagination. We call, we report, we phone by-laws, we phone landlords...and still...here we go again.
How convenient is a convenience store when you can buy your crack at any of these apartments upstairs and then buy your crack pipe downstairs? Way too convenient, isn't it? I can't buy a fresh tomato or milk with a current pull date, but a crack pipe? What model would you like? You know she(the owner) moved her kid out of this neighbourhood because someone tried to sell him drugs? Isn't it ironic, don't ya think? A little too ironic...but, this here piece of property and the one next to it (with the blue roof) are owned by one guy...for years. FOR YEARS, he has beat the snot out of this neighbourhood with the trash he rents to. Literally every time someone new moves into one of these properties, it becomes a crack house or worse...and yes, there is worse. Why does he get to keep these properties? Why hasn't the city thrown him in jail as was once threatened? Why does one person get to steadily trample all of the rest of us out here trying to make a home here?!? So I rant because I hope I will have the courage to send this page to City Council, the RCMP, our MLA, anyone who will actually get off their bums(and that was not the first word I chose) and do something about things...though we have contacted all those people and guess what? Nothing changes. My question is this...if all of us who give a shit in this neighbourhood move out, what kind of problem will you have on your hands then? Huh? Answer that. I dare you.Here is my dilemma in sending this page to the powers that be...they will read my post about popping the lock at Morrell Bird Sanctuary and come and arrest us, fine us, etc. And while I am being led handcuffed to the car, this hooker in pink will be picked up on my corner by some sexual predator that is forever trolling my neighbourhood, someone will score another hit of crack after pawning something stolen from one of my neighbours and probably one more decent person will move away.

Anyhoo, I am going camping tonight and won't be back til Sunday. Maybe I will be in a better mood...maybe lightning will strike.

Ta

2 comments:

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I used to live next door to a drug dealer and was in court with him today. The police never do anything in fact their words are "Do you have evidence? Can you prove this?" and I have to say "No" because I have no physical evidence. To gain physical evidence I would have to buy drugs, then I'm charged with possession. It makes NO sense. Landlords don't care especially if they don't live there. It's unfair.

Biddie said...

Like "adult" said, we went to court today to deal with our former nieghbour,the drug dealer. His legal counsel ADMITTED in a court room that he sells drugs....Our former landlord came to testify on the dealers behalf.I don't get it. Everyone knows that it's going on,but nobody cares enough to stop it...