Sunday, February 01, 2009

(S)he's got rhythm...

I have had Sebastion a good ten years now...(s)he travelled in the the VW from South Padre Island to Vancouver Island with Michael and I. He(or she) is a good little soul, but you'd think after ten years, I would know most of what there is to know about him(or her), other than gender. Aside from the clunking around the crabitat, climbing and bumping along the windowsills and countertops, etc, he (or she) had never made a sound. Didn't oooh and aaah at the Grand Canyon, was non-plussed by Zion, Monument Valley, Shiprock, the Oregon Coast or the Redwoods. Not a peep out of him(or her) crossing the border into a foreign country, has never thanked me for garlic smashed potatoes or a bite of chicken....but last week, Sebastion was
singing. It was amazing. Sang for hours...I figured, after 10 years, maybe he(or she) is lonely and calling out to find someone... so off to Petco and voila....another addition to the family. A week later, all seems well. Sebastion was entirely overzealous during the initial introductions, but has calmed right down. Thank goodness. Our new crabbie has remained healthy(they can stress and die easily) and so we have decided it might be alright to name it now...only I haven't thought of a name yet.
Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Titus.

Or maybe Penelope.

Principle of Vice said...

Animals are weird.

I suggest Tremaine.

Islander said...

Pebble Crab - Dittosa laevis
How about Ditto?

dilling said...

Ah, I like Penelope....
There is nothing more weird about my hermit crabs than your pugs... and I like the name Germaine better than Tremaine....
Ditto is darling

Heidi the Hick said...

Maybe a gender neutral name would be good.

What if you have one of each and end up with babies???

Heidi the Hick said...

Dilling, I sent you an email!!!

Olly said...

Hmmm....Can't think of any good names at the moment. Will have to ponder that one. That is amazing that they live so long.

Biddie said...

Not a clue. I am not very good at this. We have 5 babies here that need temporary names and one pup has 4 names and a couple don't even have one. Still, I would go with something from The Little Mermaid.