Thursday, January 22, 2009

How does one find oneself so tired at the end of a day Nothing?
How does one raise a fist against something so Un-Nameable?
Weary, Exhausted and yet Sleepless,
I count the hours til dawn…the battery powered clock keeps time, tick tick, with my heart,
Until the slightest light in a milk-white winter sky brings me to sleep,
Brings the comfort of a pink sunrise, however pale…
At least it is Something
At least it is Comfort.
At least I think I believe I can hear you say my name in the pinkishness
And Tell me Everything is Fine.
everything is just Fine now…
And tomorrow, I am gonna laugh out loud, I swear. I promise.
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
I can hear your laughter echoing mine…
And Everything is going to be Fine now….
because I Can still hear you.

6 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Did you write this? It's so beautiful.

I know that feeling, you know. I"m looking at that sky right now.

Hang on. I can hear you too!

Victoria said...

Thinking of you with lots of love, D.

The Preacherman said...

beautiful and sad. Don't be sad babe xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

I miss your community activism, but I understand. I wish you peace.

Michael Colvin said...

Is this your work Dilling? Bloody good stuff!

Biddie said...

I have been thinking of you a lot, my friend.
Keep writing. You have a gift, Dilling.
Heidi is right, we hear you!