Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a walk in the fog...

Though here in town, much of the snow is gone, out in the prime dog-walking spots, it's still here. Hard, crusty and difficult to walk in....and did I mention how much fog we've had??? Day after day of it. So strange.The days are passing in a detached manner...or rather, I am passing through my days in a detached manner...except when those moments of sadness or panic find their way through. I am looking for signs of Spring already. Not finding many, but still looking.
Got up this morning to watch an historic inauguration, have some champagne chilling for when Michael gets home..I even see some sun out there today. All in all, doesn't seem like the day to be holding on to sadness...

I am still not sure about finding words right now.


So I hope a quiet walk with Eem-er and me is fine with you all today.




So, that's about it for now.


I'll be around again soon.

9 comments:

Olly said...

That fog is weird, eh? On Sunday I went for a walk - it was bright and sunny. Ten minutes after I got home I looked out the window and we were totally fogged in. Makes for some scary driving!

dilling said...

yeah...it was sunny here about 15 minutes ago....now it's completely foggy. dang.

lexiloo said...

i'm so excited for the US today! we had the fog last week, it sucks, this week is sunny, so much better! here's hoping some sun comes your way!!

Victoria said...

A quiet walk is just fine with me.

And the fog has been funky!

And the inauguration was great :)

And? My word verification word is "twing" which is a totally awesome non-word!

Anonymous said...

a walk with Eem-er is always ok with me, hope the fog soon lifts I find fog very eerie. The trouble with the winter and dog walking is how dirty the dogs get isn't it?!

Michael Colvin said...

I think a quiet walk is just want you need for some healing. Thanks for taking us along.

And I know I've said it before but I haven't in a while so I'll say it again. Dilling, your photographs are beautiful. I love the second one so much - the framing, the fog, the canted angle, totally breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this fog...I feel smothered! And robbed of color! It's hung around far too long.

Yes, we're all aglow here after yesterday's inauguration. What a wonderful, wonderful day!

Your pictures are so lovely.

(I like my word verification word, too: "weedia").

Principle of Vice said...

Beautiful pictures, as always.

The Preacherman said...

Love the fog - then nobody can see me sneaking out to the pub...