Thursday, February 26, 2009

After a good night's sleep

and a slow awakening in the sun, sipping coffee and eating breakfast in our tiny cabin,
watching the working boats coming and going, we finally headed out for the beach. Follow us...

It's just down these stairs.....Florencia Bay Beach. Initially we thought, due to the season, that we would be coming up here to do a little storm watching....watching the big waves crest, thunder on the shores and rocks. As beautiful as a stormy beach is, imagine our delight when we arrived at the beach during the most beautifully sunny, warm winter weekend.

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!



Aside from a few surfers and a couple of other beachcombers, the place was practically all ours!




I don't know how long we walked.




Hours upon hours.






Exploring.







Tickling sea anemone , feeling their sticky tentacles try to capture our fingers.






Braving the waves for photos in the tidal pools along the surf.









By the time we felt "done" being here, it was time to head back to the cabin to bbq up a beautiful rib-eye steak and grill some zucchini with truffle oil and quaff back some cold beer while listening to the sea lions bark and sing.
What a beautiful way to spend a day.
Thanks for coming along with us, but we're not sharing our rib-eye!
We still have a walk in the bog and Long Beach coming up so y'all better rest up.
bye now









9 comments:

lexiloo said...

i heart tofino!

Olly said...

That looks sooo peaceful.

Heidi the Hick said...

THat round rock perched on the driftwood shakes me hard! Love it.

Also love the content snoozing dog, and the flopping dog ears...

Thanks for the beach hike!

Biddie said...

I adore that first photo. I am so happy that you rescued Em - or was it the other way around?

Anonymous said...

BEACHES! God I love 'em. It's been many moons since we've been able to enjoy our Harstine beach in the sunshine. That sunshine needs to fall on a weekend, which doesn't happen often, even in summer. (Grr). Oh, I'm hankering for some fresh, sunny, salty air.

Great pictures! You are truly gifted!

Michael Colvin said...

Thanks for taking us along! What a beautiful place - I adore that flappy ear photo, wooohoooo! Your macro shots are so good. I know how hard it is to get them to come out right.

captain corky said...

Thanks for taking me along and an even bigger thanks for doing all the walking for me! ;)

The Preacherman said...

oh wow oh wow oh wow.

I'd give my right arm to be there....well....maybe my left as I use my right to lift the bottles...

I am so so so so jealous!!!!

dilling said...

oh, Preacherman...i wouldn't ask for either your right arm or your left... sweet boy