Tuesday, December 02, 2008

OlyWa

Remember how I went home not too long ago? I got to walk Capitol Lake a few times. The weather was beautiful and there were lots of folks out enjoying the views.
I wonder how many times I have walked this lake in my life....

Dome over the lake...with skies and clouds.

Yummy.



Yummy.



Yummy.





This is the last free artesian well in Olympia...there used to be 13 or more, free-flowing clear, crisp clean water. I used to get my water here. All gone now. This one will be gone too, soon. The non-profit agency that tested the water twice a month will no longer be testing it. It will be gone. One more piece of history...so freaking sad.






Well, not sure what this post is really about...







6 comments:

JoS said...

hmmm maybe a little nostalgia around thanksgiving?

captain corky said...

You take a lot of really pretty pictures that makes Corky jones for fishing!

CindyDianne said...

I think the post is about change.

Biddie said...

The post was a bit melancholy....Seems right for this time of year. The gray skies and cold weather are here for the next few months....
Too bad about the well. I hate when I go home and things have changed a little too much.

lexiloo said...

wow, i didn't know there were so many artesian wells in Oly? and how very sad that the last is on its way out too... they're going extinct.

Yvonne said...

I'd love to visit Olympia. ;)