Sunday, November 30, 2008

smells like Thanksgiving around here

despite anxiety and medications...tonight felt really, really super good. I ate more than I have in a couple weeks(due to meds), drank too much(sorry doc, but it was Thanksgiving), and new friends merged well with old friends.....gotta love that. I love having a successful dinner party. I do. It means lots to me. And I really, truly enjoyed the experience, which kind of suprised me. It's not like I put too much into it until the very last moment....I couldn't concentrate on it.
I am thankful...for small miracles...and good friends...and a warm house...and for grace.


5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Yay!

hugs to you!

Michael Colvin said...

Cool!

Michael Colvin said...

Dinner parties where your friends start bitching about each other are the worst...

ldbug said...

Oh, I love Thanksgiving, it's all about the food, family and friends. Nothing else to worry about. I got to have a turkey dinner this year! had 7 people over and cooked enough for twice that!! :-)

Olly said...

Sounds nice. Glad you're feeling up to enjoying such an endeavour.