Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Have you received the memo????

I can't seem to find the time or place or the words lately....so locked in my own dramatic mindset that I don't even know what's going on around me anymore. Apparently many women my age are going through this, too. And always have. Still, it doesn't make it any easier...especially since it all seemed to come on so suddenly. The craze, the anxiety, the chest-achey-ness....
You know what finally slowed my crazy brain down? I had five days off this week. Spent the last three sick in bed. Sick. Like really sick. Went to the clinic, got a prescription, made me feel both ravenously hungry and ready to puke at all times....the only thing that made it better was sleeping 12 hours at a stretch, waking up and reaching for my Dexter books, reading until I slept again. Today, I feel part of the human race again. Tomorrow, I am going hiking in the morning, rain or shine. I might even take a picture or two. Yup. I gotta breathe air. Outdoor air. I gotta be outside. Thank goodness I had these days off already. Not that this is how I really wanted to be spending them...then again, being forced to stay in bed, distract myself with books and tea and lots and lots of sleep(that there really hasn't been a lot of lately), has taken an edge off of me that has been poking me lots lately, right up under the right shoulder blade and making it hard to breathe. So, yeah, I hope that part lasts.
Maybe soon I can tell you about the trip home I took WEEKS ago now!

7 comments:

JoS said...

Oh do I remember -- trying to balance work, play, and sleep is s-o-o-o hard. Something always seems to get slighted. I'm glad you had the chance to rest up and get well. Looking forward to those rain-or-shine pictures.

Biddie said...

Sounds like you really needed the sleep and down time.
Are you feeling better yet?
I think that dog walkies and photos are just what the doctor ordered :)

Biddie said...

Oh, i forgot to ask - how are the Dexter books?

dilling said...

still sleeping lots, feel kind of a bit like a human today...a grumpy kind of sick human, but human, all the same.
it's cold this am...but sunny and it will be so good to get out of here for a couple hours.
biddie, the dexter books are good...maybe i could send'em your way when i am done, as long as you send them back...

Olly said...

Oh...Sorry to hear you've been sick. We all shared a cold/flu thing right after the kids went back to school. Hope you feel better quick!

Gardenia said...

I don't know your age - but I feel sort of in that place too. Maybe slowing down (even forcefully) gives us needed time for introspection - and maybe that introspection is needed for us to move on from a certain place where we've lingered too long?? I don't know - anyway get well, totally!!

Michael Colvin said...

I hope you are feeling better now. It is hard to keep it all going sometimes.:)