Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thankful...

Living between the U.S. and Canada does have some bonuses you might not even be aware of. For instance...I get to give thanks(for everything) twice a year now, in a feasting, public sort of way. Although I do give thanks and say my prayers(to god, whatever I conceive him to be) every day, it is brilliant that I get to celebrate my favoutite holiday twice a year with others...technically, today is not a holiday here in Canada so I am working(at a place that I love and am thankful for that), but come Sunday, my house is open...full of feasting, festivities, friends who are family and fun. Despite the anxieties and the blue meanies of late, I am fully aware of all there is to be thankful for... and I am so very thankful. For everything. To friends and family back home, I wish I was there. I love you so. To those friends here with me now, come on over on Sunday....there are never enough days to give thanks. The bird comes out of the oven at 5. I'll save you a space at the table.

6 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I would dearly love to come and sit at your table with you and your friends. Shame we are so far away...

emily said...

i don't get to come. so bah humbug. or whatever you say at thanksgiving when you're grumpy.

who is going? why don't i get to be there? it's no fair. besides, i'm the only one who ever helps do dishes. even if i break the odd antique glass. at least i help, right?

bah. humbug.

but happy thanksgiving, i miss you.

Olly said...

Yes, we sure have a lot to be thankful for. Have a great day on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Turkey...what a comfort food! It really is perfect this time of year, whoever decided it should be the tradition. (I have to admit, mostly I like Thanksgiving for the 4-day weekend!) :o)

jAMiE said...

I hope you had a wonderful time...belated Happy Thanksgiving!

Biddie said...

I am with you in the being thankful department.
I just keep reminding myself of the hell that we went through last year...Jessica and losing Shawn`s sister..so much pain.
This year, Jessica is healthy and Shawn can think of his sister and smile again.
Plus, you know, there are critters and great friends...