Sunday, December 07, 2008

Rainy Days and Sundays...

Man, the lighting during a west coast winter doesn't really work for outdoor photos...with the flash on at noon, all my pictures look like I am out with the camera at midnight. That's how it is here, though. The long Grey...today looks pretty good for some sun a little later, though after the rain, it'll be a soggy doggy walk.

The hooker traffic and drug traffic seem to be picking up again on our street. Somebody somewhere must be making a push to clean up their street. I don't know why they always come back here...and there's rats living in and under the garage next door. I am so very NOT THRILLED by that. Doesn't seem like the neighbours intend to do anything about it and I don't know what that means for us. I can handle a mouse in the house every once in a while, but if I come across a rat...or if they get into our garage with the old vw van? Or bite my dog while she's in the yard?

I put up our five Christmas decorations the other day...and still don't feel very Christmas-y. Maybe once we get a tree...don't have a clue for a gift for Michael. Anyone got any ideas for me?


I don't seem to find much to write about these days...nothing seems to flow. I have to reach for every word...



...but at least I have been reaching for the camera again. And that feels alright.




6 comments:

Olly said...

Hey! Glad to see you've got the camera back out!

I know how hard it is trying to feel all Christmasy. We just got our tree today. I'm almost done my shopping. Tomorrow and Tuesday are my goals for finishing it all. Why are the guys in our lives so hard to buy for? I think when all the obligations (shopping, cards, Christmas concerts, etc.) are over it gets a little easier. I save baking and gift wrapping till last. Somehow it helps.

JoS said...

the picture of the fish boat is so beautiful it took my breath away.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that when the present seems unbearable,remind yourself that life really is good. All you have to do is review your own picture archives and your friends comments.
Love from your sorta sub kinda mom maybe

Yvonne said...

Fantastic pictures. ;)
(I think the last time I did any christmas decorating was 1995. You can call me Ms. Grinch.)

CindyDianne said...

For me, the words lull and then come back. I've been in a bit of a lull myself. All fluff and very little substance.

Keep reaching for that camera!

Michael Colvin said...

We haven't put our decs up yet - maybe the weekend. I also found an un-opened advent calendar in the cupboard. I guess I'm not feeling Christmassy either. My mother is coming to stay ALL over the holiday. I'm sure it wasn't my turn but my sisters have all done a runner.

Biddie said...

Keep taking photos. If you do nothing else, keep up the photos. I love seeing the worls through your eyes.
No gift ideas. Not a one. I am sill struggling to come up with something for KC. Gah. Not much Christmas spirit here, either...