Thursday, December 04, 2008

There must be a story here....

and I hope it's not a sad story. The other morning I woke up(a relative term considering my sleep of late) and went out to walk the dog and found this painted along the curb across the street from my house. Darling
it's not like I

believe inever-lasting love.
So many questions...who is Darling? Who wrote this? Will Darling ever see it and recognize it for what it is? Darling seems such a lovely name to call someone you will not have everlasting love for....
I think, in fact, perhaps, the writer MAY just believe in ever-lasting love and is trying to be brave in the face of something...but maybe that is just my own romatic ideals coming into play. The funny thing is, I was pretty much awake all night the night this happened, me and my friend insomnia...but for some strange reason, I never did pull back the curtains that night, as is my usual habit on nights I cannot sleep. I just wandered from living room to bedroom from couch to bed to easy chair and back again. Maybe I wasn't meant to know the story...maybe it was meant to fuel my imagination.


6 comments:

JoS said...

Wow, makes me want to try to fix something, if only I knew what it was.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh boy. that's enough to keep you awake now. Drat!

I think you might have to make up a story just to put your mind at ease.

There was some graffiti on an overpass on the 401 years ago. I think it said "Missy marry me" or something like that, and I always wondered.

He must have been hanging over the railing, spray painting upside down and backwards.

Did she marry him or decide he was too much of a risk taker? Or was she so taken with his daring that she couldn't resist him?

So many questions.

The Preacherman said...

People paint on bridges a lot over here.

One not far from home has the word 'PEAS' on it.

I have no idea.

Maybe a dyslexic peace campaigner or some'at?

Keep watching the kerb and see who turns up. Enquiring minds want to know.

Olly said...

Alright, now you're going to have to park yourself inside the living room window with your camera because we're all just dying to know!

Michael Colvin said...

Is it sad or not? I'll guess we'll never know.

Yvonne said...

That makes me feel like crying. I hope it's not a sad story.