Sunday, May 27, 2007

thanks everyone!

First Email from Michael: Hey Darlin' As I write this at 7AM there are four fire trucks and fireman up a ladder in the alley putting hoses into the wall at 144 Victoria. There is some excitement now with an ambulance in front of our house.....back with more news Email from Emily: michael stopped by today and told me what happened to the store! i'm going to swing over there today and snap a couple photos for you, i'll email them later! miss you!
Email from Erin: knock on the door this am at 6. it was Kevin. while I didn't get the whole story-it looks like the Spanglish may have had a fire. haven't checked it out yet but something must have happened. there were several fire trucks ambulance and police. i'm sure Michael knows and has reported it to you. hope your visiting goes well. duke misses his girlfriend(eem-er).
Another Email from Michael: (he had been working in the yard and had the following experience).... and in the last half hour 4 cars have pulled up and looked a the store and proclaimed, "holy shit! it burned down. now where do I go?" most headed down Victoria. in the last 3 hours , I'd say about 8 visits....

Seems, in fact, I do have photos for the Blahg! Thanks, everyone for the photos, the well wishes, the congratulations and more.
Can't wait to see it for myself, though.

11 comments:

Olly said...

A Daily News interview with the owner of the Spanglish property provided the best laugh. He said that he does not rent to drug addicts. "They become drug addicts after they rent from me".

That one almost made me blow my morning coffee out my nose!

Anonymous said...

It's all boarded up now - maybe they'll knock it down!

Heidi the Hick said...

So...will it get torn down now????

Crafty Missus said...

did the whole neighbourhood get wasted?

Biddie said...

Is it wrong for me to do a happy dance?

katy said...

LOL to what olly said!
lets hope he wont be renting to anyone again

Jay said...

So....do you think you made that happen with your mind?

dilling said...

mwuhahahahahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

After documenting the goings on across the street for the last year or so, wouldn't you know that a major event would unfold just when you were off on a road trip. One thing you can say with complete certainty is, "It wasn't ME!" Thank heaven for small favours. And olly's comment and quote had me rolling in the aisles.

dilling said...

maybe the whole neighbourhood got high off of the fumes of burning crack, but they are all holding the party until I get back...for reals!

dilling said...

Olly....I want a copy of that story!