Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sechelt

I am so far behind in posting...it is so busy here in the neighbourhood, and my recent travels, and the great dog walks and fantastic weather, Michael's 40th b'day, Michael's mom's visit(still here)....May is always a very busy time for us...but, let's go back to Sechelt for a quick recap...and then I will try to catch up in the next few days in some kind of coherent order.
I love Sechelt. Have I mentioned this before? I love the time spent there with Emily, Aethan and Barb. The feel of the beach, the town, my friends, the space...the very air I breathe there is something special.
The beaches are a place of wild abandon.....
...and the tenderest of discoveries....
followed by quiet moments with friends in a little cabin surrounded by a garden of magic and stuffed to the gills inside with love.


The flight over is always a thrill. I don't like planes, but something about climbing aboard a float plane makes me shiver in a good way...




Though new rules make it a wee bit less enjoyable for some passengers....




And this is the beach road I want to live on...




If you click on the photo to make it bigger, you will see where the house is I want. A sweet little a-frame tucked into the trees, but with a view of the water...and a little deck built out over the beach for morning coffees and evening coctails...
Sigh.
Okay, gotta go. Still have company and a sunny day. Talk to you all later.







11 comments:

emily said...

i love that photo of eemer going nutbar on the beach!

Heidi the Hick said...

did she get to be free of the leash???

Yeah I can see why you'd love to live in Sechelt!!! Maybe some day...

dilling said...

nope...she's not offleash but we all ran a bit that day....

Mermaid Melanie said...

that looks lovely! come to santa barbara sometime. enjoy the sandy shores of the pacific.

dilling said...

melanie!!! thanks for stopping by...I love the west of of the states...Santa Barbara is beautiful, Ft. Bragg(esp glass beach) and all the way up to the Washington coast...some of the most beautiful country EVER!!!!

katy said...

think i would like to live there myself it is beautiful. you met tod yet, do you know which one he is?

ldbug said...

I know what you mean about May being a busy month!! I hope you get that house one day, it sounds perfect:-)

dilling said...

hers!I meet tod on the 27th! he has yet to tell me which one he is in his photo, so he can't hold it against me if I call him G, now, can he? EEEEEK. It's so exciting.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I DO hope you and Michael move to the beach road, with Em, Aethan and Adam next door...think of the potluck dinners, batches of nectar, dog walks, beach glass collections, garden help and laughter that can be heard all the way to Davis Bay. Great photos all around!

Anonymous said...

dito nutbar eemer!
send dat mudder in law away, i wants more attention!
xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.