Wednesday, August 06, 2008

yeah, hey neighbours....so sorry about today

Sigh. My fears were not unfounded. Today, home alone, Eem-er apparenty scaled the shelves in the plant room(and didn't knock anything over!), flipped the latch on the push open type window and got out onto the deck....which would have been a few foot drop from the window. So, it goes without saying, she was out there ALL DAY LONG cuz she couldn't climb back in. Apparently, she was howling the entire time. Sweet. Eight hours or so. Yeah, my neighbours love me today. Lots.
It was 31 degrees Celcius today...nearly 88 Farenheit, for those of you south of the border... stuck on a hot deck with no water, little shade, all day, no stairs to the yard(thank goodness or she would have picked the lock on the back gate and disappeared, or whatever, the little escape artist)...I feel like the worst doggie mom ever.
And no dog sitter again tomorrow, either.

I apologize in advance.

5 comments:

CindyDianne said...

I guess I should have mentioned that I crate mine?

That sucks. For everyone- you, Ee-mer and your neighbors (cause I know all about those houndy vocals)

I am glad she is ok.

Olly said...

Oh poor Eem-er. Quite the adjustment to having you gone for the day. And the kitty? Doesn't give a crap, right?

Anonymous said...

i wonder if it is a skill she picked up on the inside...

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Ee-mer was very very happy to see you when you got home! You poor things!

Mmm, I'd forgotten how killer-hot Steve McQueen was. Mmm.

Biddie said...

Yummy, Steve Mc Queen. :)
Do you have a neighbour that can look in on Eem a couple of times during the day? That might help, and you would feel better about leaving her. Poor pup, she must have been so scared.