Monday, July 14, 2008

bits and bits

This book is our guide....look at the tiny Chapter on the Sunshine Coast...there(and there and there) is where we went....after visiting Barb... in Sechelt,. You might know her as Green Wellies. We dropped off some starts from our passionflower vine in exchange for some rhubarb nectar....a pretty sweet exchange, if you ask me. Our first night on the Sunshine Coast was spent at Porpoise Bay... for real campers, this is like spending one night in Hell. If you have kids and want a place to let them run crazy, swim, etc, this might be the place. If you look to camping as your escape from it all, don't bother...Luckily, we were just there for dinner, drinks, bed and then Gone Gone Gone in the early hours.
On the road to Lois Lake....a Forestry Campground accessible by logging roads....although the clear cuts are a bit to take umbridge with, the actual campsite is astounding. The thing with forestry campsites is this....rarely will you find more than 20 sites. Nice, isn't it?

And yes, there is a lake at Lois Lake...I know, I know, sometimes....just sometimes....


I get carried away by the smaller things...things I don't alway have the names for...or the words for....tiny things that make me forget the larger pictures....What I am saying is this. No, I do not have a picture of Lois Lake. Just the small things. Google it for yourselves.



Lois Lake does have huckleberries by the hand full. In fact, there isn't a day of this trip that we did not have at least one (if not multiple) hand(s) full each of huckleberries. In a way(follow me with this, okay?), it makes me sad. To me, it means less and less(and less) people KNOW what these most succulent treasures are. It means less people are growing up in tune with nature.
At the same time, thanks to my Grandma, I know what a sweet treat these little berries are. More for me!!!!!




After Lois Lake, we headed further up the Sunshine Coast....towards Lund. We ended up at Dinner Rock, nearly there...but not quite. What a site. Whew.... overlooking the water of Desolation Bay on rocky cliffs...another Forestry campsite. Glorious. It was just us and one other campsite. How remote is that?
A fire, the boat lights going by, the lights of Vancouver Island visible across from us, diver ducks, eagles, seagulls, and little else. Sweet sweet isolation.....love that stuff.










We lingered.....we loved this space...the air, the colour blue of the sky, the heat of the stones from the sun, the fishing, the seals......................







there is more to say about this spot but it is late(r) and got to think about going to work tomorrow...will try to get some more photos together tomorrow or the next day.....
come back soon.
And? I hope I am not the only one buying this cd tomorrow....
or, for that matter, this one....
Oh, AND...I just tried this... and it works wonders...smells like fennel instead of bad stuff...covers grey, in case you need that sort of thing...not that I do.....wink wink.




5 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I love to read about your camping trips. For one thing it saves me having to go myself and get all muddy.

Your orange camper van is SO cute.

CindyDianne said...

I heart huckleberries.

I double heart your camper van! It has STYLE!

raine said...

I'm with tod - I may just have to blog again about our trip to camping hell....no mud tho' just dust. I like reading about yours so much more...

How come with the "home colour"? What about the beauty queen?

dilling said...

Rain...usually I just get cuts with BQ...I only coloured for Christmas and New Years for a little something extra...but I wanted to get rid of the orange streaks, and stuff. Also, I had to cancel my last appt with BQ, due to finances(wasn't working then) so if I made an appt. now, I would have been waiting maybe a month...she's a popular girl!

The Preacherman said...

does that house get flood insurance?

love the bird! Had a Falcon flying around our cargo shed at Heathrow today catching pigeons. Amazing stuff.

Well, not for the pigeons but what the hell