Monday, June 09, 2008

signs

So today, I stopped by this place that I like....six weeks ago, they had a Help Wanted sign in the window and at the time, I was not legally able to work and I was sad about missing the opportunity to apply. Today, they were putting the sign back up...so I asked. Dressed like a street bum, with slightly damp and greasy hair due to torrential downpour, I had a VERY informal interview with the owner. I told him about immigration, not working for a long time, that I had wanted to apply 6 weeks ago but couldn't .....He was super nice. He told me to bring back my "updated" resume tomorrow. Since coming home, I am working feverishly on my resume and trying to figure out which of our summer plans I am going to have to axe. You see, I wasn't really prepared to look for work until after July because we have a lot of trips planned for the summer...but I really think I want to work here........and that's all I am saying at this point.....don't want to jinx myself.

8 comments:

raine said...

where? Where? Where? Would a hint jinx you?

CindyDianne said...

Providence?

Victoria said...

will cross my fingers! :)

Heidi the Hick said...

That picture cracks me up!

I'm not going to ask about the job. I'm not superstitious, but still!

Olly said...

Oh...the anticipation! The best opportunities always come along when you are not actively seeking them out!

Michael Colvin said...

Good luck with that! I start looking on Friday, I can't believe that six months has gone so fast.

lexiloo said...

GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed for you x