Monday, June 23, 2008

Hips of Fire

The Summer Solstice Party at Delicado's was Saturday night....bands, fire jugglers and hula hoopers, music, dance, and a street festival atmosphere...however this year, what with Michael's back and my cold, my first week of work completed just an hour or two earlier, we were not up to our usual party selves. We were content to sit on the outskirts, bopping our heads to the music with Eem-er and watch the happenings. We headed home early, without drinking too much and woke without hangovers the night after the Solstice Party for the first time in the four years we have attended. Gawd, we're old.
Michael has turned a corner with his back on Saturday, and today I think my cold is gone...or as good as gone. Things seem to be getting back on track. Last week was a rough one, and though my cold seems better, I find myself exhausted tonight though I have had yesterday and today off. I spent hours at BC Canada getting my SIN number for employment, depositing my first paycheck(woot woot), doing a little shopping with my first paycheck(beer, a fancy new halter for Eem-er and two organic chocolate bars). I made a huge vat of jumbalaya, baked some bread, did some laundry and wanted to make some banana loaves tonight but I think that will have to wait. It's nearly nine and I want to get to bed soon, read my book, and fall asleep early. I want to feel rested enough to get up and run tomorrow morning before starting my next work week.
I want to make that a habit...but it is so damn painful to give up that extra hour of sleep. It really is one of my very favorite things.
Wow, so boring now that I work, eh? Hopefully, once I get my stamina back up, I will be back, better and stronger than ever...like the Six Million Dollar Man or the Bionic Woman.
Well, we'll see what this week brings.
Talk to you all later.

Rest in Peace, George (as much as you can anyway). Thanks for the laughs and for never being afraid to speak your mind. You sure were something else.

4 comments:

Biddie said...

I guess that I am getting old, too. I can't even remember the last party I went to..or had.
And sleep? My fav thing ever :)
I heard about George Carlin. I loved him, even on Thomas The Tank Engine.

Michael Colvin said...

You know I think you should learn to do that Hips of Fire thing. You could run up and down your street in a great big cleansing blaze of glory. The addicts and hookers would never know what hit em. :)

Lily said...

I wish I had know about the solstice party! It looks like was so much fun! I totally bypassed the old city quarter on my walk that night. Hmph.

Congrats on the first paycheck! Weee....

Olly said...

No, really getting old is when you wake up feeling hung over and you DIDN'T drink the night before. Hate it when that happens.
I didn't know about the solstice party either. We just stayed home and rented a movie. Well, I slept through it, as usual.
Congrats on your first paycheque!!!Love that you bought beer with it, haha!