Friday, May 22, 2009

it is spring

flowers are blooming and things are getting green.....eem-er and i went out with a new friend to one of our favourite walking spots....

no eggs yet....



eem-er has a new boyfriend....but, we don't know how long it will last.


Meet Marley. He's in foster care with one of my friends. He was dumped at a vet clinic on Christmas Eve...whoever dropped him off, did so only at the insistence of people around him. He said Marley had been hit by a snow plow....DAYS earlier. No money, no name, whatever. The vets took pity and decided to make him healthy. It took MONTHS. Turns out? Not snow plow wounds. Dog bites. But Marley has no aggressive tendancies towards dogs or people. In all likelihood? This gorgeous, loving, laid-back dog was a Bait dog. He has scars that will never disappear...he is a brindled pit bull...he looks "scary" to some folks. These are all marks against adoption. He doesn't hold that against anyone...human or canine.



He is a beautiful soul....loving, trusting, a leaner(god, i love a leaner). He is mellow and low key but has a real joy for life....he reads other dogs well and knows how to "go along to get along." Even Eem-er found out she wants to try and play with him...who knew? Who knew?





He's not good with cats....that is the only negative thing...I would take him in a heartbeat and I would NEVER think of having two dogs...but I would LOVELOVELOVE to have this dog...if not for Fishbone. So, if you, or anyone you know, is looking for the ultimate family pet, a lover not a fighter, a companion, someone to be your friend? May I introduce Marley?

5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

He is both warming my heart and breaking it at the same time...

His former life sickens me and I hope he finds a good loving home. Dogs are so giving; they deserve to be treated well!

I love your dog walks and those pictures in the wildflowers!!

Principle of Vice said...

beautiful pictures, as always.

Victoria said...

I wish, wish, wish I could :/

CindyDianne said...

I want him - poor baby! I really wish I could...

Biddie said...

It breaks my heart to think that any animal could be used and abused like this. He is beautiful.
Pit Bulls are not allowed in Kitchener anymore because too many were used for just this purpose and they were too agressive.
I hope that this gorgeous boy finds a great new home. Let us know? Please?