Monday, March 08, 2010

thinking pretty highly of himself....


 I have always wanted to see Sting live...so,  I think to myself here is the Golden Opportunity to do so...he's gonna be at Vancouver's Centre for the Performing Arts... I saw k.d. lang there...it's a magical place, not too big, great sound.  Tickets went on sale today, and even though I have nearly emptied my fun fund after my car died right in the middle of major home structural repairs, I thought it would be something really special...ya know, since any hope of a trip to Mexico is off this year. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Tickets?  $267.00.  Each.

Sorry, Sting, but I believe you're thinking a little too highly of yourself.   I was sixth row center for k.d. lang, took my friend along with me, we stayed overnight,  it still cost me less than one ticket would to your show. Seriously.


But have i mentioned i AM going to see Rick Mercer in two weeks?  And i AM going to see Martin Sexton in June, I  believe...maybe it's May.  

 

7 comments:

Olly said...

I saw him in concert years ago. Really liked his music at the time - but the most boring performance I'd ever seen.

dilling said...

cowboy junkies for me....love their music...show? meh

DILLIGAF said...

Same here babe. Green Day are into 3 figure prices.

Love 'em I may do but I ain't paying 3 figures for anyone.

These singers'll have to learn sooner or later.

We ain't as rich as them

dilling said...

yeah, those fucking fuckers

Anonymous said...

Too rich for my blood, as well. BTW, I heard a Martin Sexton song on the way home that I didn't recognize. Off now to see if I can find it.

dilling said...

he has a new album out soon, soon...i preordered it, but i live across the national border....he's got a new tour coming, so keep an eye out.

he is one live show NOT TO MISSED... i have seen no shows better and few shows equal

dilling said...

not to BE missed...sorry.
if you love songwriters, storytellers, and music makers(no overdubbed studio whatevs), get your tickets. this man can drive you to your knees