Monday, February 15, 2010

egads...........i need a hero


i am between meds....coming off one, hoping the next works better...my nerves are better than(worse than?) shot.....every loud thing feels like someone is scraping the innermost lining of my skin(of my being) off with a once sharp but now blunt object.... and really? Noise has always been an issue of my life....if you know what what i mean, bless you.

and? there are contractors working on my house with jackhammers. jackhammers....not only that? the little ones didn't work so they had to go back for the big guns.  my whole body aches. for no reasonable reason i can explain....except those who know, know. thank god for you.

and? my car(my beloved Bubbles Two) is most officially dead...more like D-E-D.  we looked at the Truck That Would Save Us(and the day) today...but it made a noise Michael didn't like...the guy said he'd take it somewhere this afternoon or tomorrow a.m. to see about the noise...so hopefully he is all up and up...cuz if i have to own a truck, this is the one.

we are having company for dinner tonight...they have to traverse through the side gates and in through the back door(much like my intruder last week)....since our front stairs are gone now... just another added jack-hammering scraping innermost dilemna....and i am making a something i have never made before....ya know, with liberties....cuz  really? foie gras ? that sounds most disgusting to me(and i work for a butcher).

and? we have booked company tomorrow too...and the contractors say we won't even have power....so......yeah, not asking our friend(s) not to show....haven't seen them in a long time and they know the situation.... it's just this....i think i need a hero...



7 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Bonnie Tyler once sang "Holding Out For A Hero"

I volunteered myself and she declined.

It hurt me terribly.

Please can I be your hero?...;-)

(I should warn you that I have no idea about cars and mechanical things but I will eat your food...with relish!!!) - or without come to that...

dilling said...

4D...you'll always be my hero....
i junked the car, we'll buy something tonight or tomorrow...dinner was delish last night and i figured out a whole meal for tonight that can all be cooked on the bbq in case we have no power... however, the water is about to be cut off, too, to move a line and that makes me nervous...

Olly said...

Yikes, med trouble and car trouble at the same time. That would put me over the edge for sure. At least the sun is shining!!! It helps me through the worst of times. Hope things get better soon!

Biddie said...

Holy smokes, know wonder you feel achy and yucky and you need a hero.
Living in a house under construction can be a nightmare! How much longer do you think that the jackhammers will be there?
I hope that you are feeling better soon. Coming down from your meds can really suck ass.

dilling said...

the jackhammers are done...the new joists are in, now to build/pour a new foundation wall, new stairs, run the electrical and water lines elsewhere!
at least i get to go to work today...

Anonymous said...

effexor??
i get the noise thing. how is it that the rumble of a big truck and send one into a state of furious tears.
i think you need it visit me, i'll take care of you...
c

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.