Sunday, January 03, 2010

hey, now....it's a new year....

and though i don't know what that is supposed to mean, i am more than willing to let go of 2009. it's had it's highlights...saw two living legends and lyrical heroes of mine in one year, John Prine and Leonard Cohen.  triumphant happening among friends, children welcomed, homes bought, lessons learned, lives lived and loved.... visits, the junos, a mexican vacation, a whirlwind of selling and buying homes....

i haven't been around though, and now it seems Blogger is offended as i cannot move my text in between each photo!



  well...not without much trial and error...but maybe it's the computer(a mac) or maybe it's just my own rustiness....



speaking of rustiness...how do you like those photos?  first i have taken(more or less) in a good long while... the meds worked a while, then didn't work in a big bad way...more on that later... now i am on minimal dose, waiting to see a head doctor....who will probably, for all intents and purposes declare me "clinically depressed(which honestly won't shock me)" and try prescribing other things...but, here i am, clinical and all, taking some photos again.


and it's not like i think where i am is good but it's more like me....maybe not the depression part, but the looking for little things part.  i don't know if it's because it is a new year and 2009 was not brilliant for me....i don't know if it's that december has always had it's issues, now more than ever...i don't know if today was just a really good day for me....




but i went on this walk today and suddenly i found that i wanted to share it all with you again.






So, goodbye to 2009.  although you gave me some good gifts that i will love and appreciate always , all in all, you kinda hurt. and i'm glad we're done. bu-bye!


8 comments:

raine said...

Well, it's about time we;ve seen some of your awesome dog walky pictures...love the rustyness.

Islander said...

Nice to see you back, albeit tenuously. Love the rust pics! And the red flowers...where did you find those???

Have you explored a naturopathic solution at all? Maybe the meds have reached their limits.

Personally I think your new environment, once you get comfortable, will help you a bunch. Keep on snapping those awesome pics you have such a talent for!

Biddie said...

I love the photo of the stump. It first glance I thought that it was a spiders web.
The head doctor doctor is handsome one, right? At least that`s something. My head doc is from another country and has a very thick accent. I have to bring Shawn in to translate for me and on my last visit he compared me to a collie dog with a frisbee.
I`m glad you are back.

dilling said...

those red flowers are on some sort of moss or fungus growing on an old logged stump. the green part is about 1/2 an inch long and the red is about the size of the head of a push pin...but blooming now!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! I've been a fan for a long while. Hope you continue to be observant and vocal about Nanaimo; hope you have found your muse to inspire, create and report to your heart's content. My best to you.

DILLIGAF said...

smashin pics babe!

'specially of the hound!

Principle of Vice said...

Beautiful.

Thank you.

CindyDianne said...

love, love, love the picture of the locks!