Thursday, March 26, 2009

don't be jealous....


but somehow... some way that I don't really understand...position of the planets....the world order...something bigger than you or I....Karma...Kismet...or just plain in NEED of it....

I am going here for a price I can afford....a great big steal, er, deal. Soon. With a very good friend. We're gonna have loads of fun...we're gonna be spoiled rotten....we're gonna be all-inclusive, with a little extra money to spend...we'll have a GREAT time and she won't get me into trouble...those are the best kind of friends to have, aren't they???? Hell, yeah!

My whole life? Vacations were time spent at home or couch surfing or camping...all of which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I have seen so much. Done so much. Been just about Everywhere.. but? After this past winter? A week of five star luxury and all-inclusive food and drinks??? The only extra expense? Manicure, pedicure and massage....and tips. Sounds about like heaven...on a budget. We lucked out on the timing of this trip, the price....the amenities. Feels a bit like we did something right.

Also? Going to Vancouver this weekend. Meeting friends.... staying with my soul sister...connecting with some of the people who ground me to this earth. Sweet.

Then? The weekend after that? Seeing Leonard Cohen, one of my heroes, with my soul sister again...and her sister, my friend...and her beau, my friend. So thankful for these extraordinary gifts at this time....

It means the world...it's life.



9 comments:

captain corky said...

That all inclusive vacation looks awesome. I hope you have a really great time and take some pics for us so we can be jealous. ;)

Olly said...

Ohhhh...that vacation looks wonderful. Enjoy! I will be looking forward to some nice pics when you get back!

lexiloo said...

be safe m'dear, mexico is kinda scary right now. but i am sure the resort will be AWESOME! and have fun with all your other plans!!!

JoS said...

I'm not jealous of your trip to Mexico. I hope you enjoy the pampering, get some sun, relax. And don't worry about Mexico being dangerous. Leslie and I wandered all over Yucatan without seeing any hint of violence, drugs, etc. Like so many dangers we read about, the press exaggerates their scope and frequency. Use common sense -- don't get drunk and go wandering in the back alleys of some border town at 3:00 a.m. and you should be fine. On the other hand, I AM jealous of you going to the Leonard Cohen concert! I love that man!

Biddie said...

Have fun, you deserve all of it..The trip, the concert, the visit..
Hugs xx

Heidi the Hick said...

Wow, I just don't know what to say, except maybe my head will explode will all the wonderfulness!

(On my way to bed now, must get my beauty rest!)

Tonya said...

Wow, do you ever deserve this! OK, I may be a leeetle bit jealous. Lately I'm jealous of anybody who happens to have BLUE skies over their heads!

Hey, I nominated you for a Blog Award! (http://snurl.com/ertym) :o)

Yvonne said...

Enjoy it all!

Michael Colvin said...

I am so jealous! Mexico sounds kinda cool and I think the best fun is to be had wandering drunk in back alleys at 3am.