Thursday, April 29, 2010

still don't like her


it's funny how saying you don't like, agree with, or even think she's seeing things in a reality based way(anymore), or that she she doesn't see the real morality of things, only the headlines, Oprah can change your world...
even if you're a nobody to begin with...
so fair warning...
if you don't like what she's saying and/or doing? or? even if you have a legitimate question about a story she's had her opinion on? ....no matter how compelling your argument seems to you, yourself? don't mention it to anybody. just don't do it. bite your fucking tongue. apparently, she has spies everywhere...and your whole life will come crashing down.
just saying...
oprah who?
i'm not saying...
anything.
not even the fact that 90 percent of her book club books i read before her...and people think i like her cuz of my library??? fuck off. i read the Heart is a Lonely Hunter when i was 11...oh, crap...did i just mention oprah and book club in the same post? CRAP. as if it wasn't horrible enough the first time around. oh, and since i am already here?!? A Million Little Pieces is still a great book.

3 comments:

LJ said...

I'm sure "O" will forgive you for mentioning both her and her book club in the same post.
I find most of her books too depressing. Women overcoming great adversity.
Sounds just like real life to me, and I'm busy trying to live it, not read about it. But then again - I'm a sucker for happily ever after endings. Those I can never get enough of.

dilling said...

ah, lj, i thought she wouldn't even notice me...but today, while walking at my favourite spot, i found it for sale... soon a subdivision will erected along the riverfront route where my favourite horse lives, snakes abound, hummingbirds nest and wild columbine abound...i think it is in direct relation to my post.

Patty Dutcher said...

I loved A Million Little Pieces, too.