Wednesday, August 05, 2009

it's been something else lately

i've been somewhere else lately....
these past months are some of the hardest times...and it's hard to write about it. i hate whiners. not allowed in my family. there was no room for it. unless you're on your deathbed? don't call in sick. bleeding? can it be bandaged here at home? just how high is that temperature? i can't take this day of work to make it better. get dressed...go to school. don't say anything about it. you're fine.
it's conditioning.
even now, it's hard to overcome.
it's been a long, hard time.
i am tired.
eem-er is flagging a bit already. sleeping lots. breaking my heart.
work seems harder.
home is difficult. at it's best sometimes.
i miss ease
laughter
i remember plans to get out of here.
to the mountains.
to quietude.
but i think i am the only one who remembers.
been too crazy on the street trying to make things better.
just makes thing worse....

as i have said once or twice before...
i have an overwhelming need to "go home"
but don't know where that is

5 comments:

JoS said...

Rosalie Sorrels sings a haunting song entitled "Rosalie, you can't go home again" I wish I could tell you how to find home, but I don't seem to be very good at finding it myself.

CindyDianne said...

So sorry...

No words...

Just love...

and wishes...

and virtual hugs...

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for a few years now but have never commented... I have, really, just sat back and vicariously enjoyed the thrill of your your many adventures (big and small) and challenges. I am sorry that things are so tough right now. I respect and value how resilient you have been through the tough times and your willingness and ability to share what you are going through. You seem to have such a beautiful outlook on life -- to see the little things that so many of us miss; to allow yourself to really feel and be honest with yourself, your loved ones and your readers. I wish you all the best...

mitchee said...

when a child loves you for a long time..not just to play with but really loves you..then you become REAL.
the velveteen rabbit

Victoria said...

*hugs and love*