Wednesday, June 17, 2009

i am tired....

seriously tired....in every sense of the word. i know you haven't heard from me much lately and there are reasons for that...multiple reasons that i am still wrapping my head around....too much at once. i love a good routine( not poutine, just routine) and routine really seems to be avoiding me lately. Lots and lots of work lately. Not that I mind...I love it here. Best job i ever had, with the best people.
Spring/summer seems to have set in without any rain....not much in the way of wildflowers or exciting discoveries during dogwalks...

except root fungus.....which is still lovely.



The tiny daisies are out.


Tiger lilies? I think.






A few of my beloved mosses are blooming despite the lack of rain....imagine all that snow we had this winter only to discover we are already in drought conditions? Somehow that doesn't seem like a rainforest environment, right?




And the tiniest of wildflowers that seem so beautifully GIANT in the face of the onlaught of Crack Hookers and Crack Dealers in the neighbourhood, of late. Again, I have to wonder, WHO is it that designates this area as the drug capitol of Nanaimo? Apparently, the Crack Hookers say that the Nanaimo RCMP bring them back here and drop them off if they are turned in elsewhere. Of course, the RCMP deny this BUT "experiments" have been conducted with the same findings, and interviews with the girls have repeatedly stated the same thing....not officially, of course.





It's been a gong show out here lately...hookers when i go to sleep, hookers when i wake up. They now call me "Psycho" cuz i am out there chasing them, their johns down the street....nice, eh? But nobody seems to do anything about it....except me and Michael...who had a drug dealer threaten to put a bullet in his head recently....super. We are sick....sick of nobody doing anything... sick of a system that can't help people who want help....sick of viha that houses drug dealers instead of those looking for a way off the street. on our tax dollars...





we're tired of finding peace only when we choose to remove ourselves from our home.









we're tired of fighting about what is is we do about being tired.










we're tired of wasting our energies on things this city grinds under the soles of their shoes when we should be putting energy into making a better life for a dog with a time-bomb for a heart...









tired of trying to be a voice in beautiful neighbourhood teetering on the edge of greatness or the edge of destruction ..... we have other issues. we have personal health issues, job issues, life issues....we should be able to devote our "after hours" time to ourselves....










but we find ourselves forever driven to make things better here.










i'd like to concentrate on us now...k?






















































































































5 comments:

JoS said...

Oh my dear, my heart goes out to you. Make room for me to come take both of you away for a little while this summer. Love to both of you.

Victoria said...

k

Anonymous said...

But it is good to find places where joy can be found. I hope you can dwell on these. I love you pictures. They take me to someplace far away, where there is joy.

Biddie said...

I love the photos, daisys are one of my favès.
I am sorry that you are so tired. I can hardly blame you and I think that you need a bit of me time - or your time - you know what I mean.
Hugs x

The Preacherman said...

Concentrate on you and your family.

I've sacrificed a lot for the union 'cause that's what I do. Caz wouldn't mind so much if I got paid for it but over here you do your job and get paid and the union is voluntary.

If my neighbourhood got that bad I'd lose the plot and start running 'em over. Any chance of moving?

Anyroad. You look after you and yours. Lotsa hugs babe xx